Peanut Butter Bars
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup peanut butter, smooth or chunky
- 1 1/2 package (12 1-ounce squares) semi-sweet baking chocolate
- Line 13x9” baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extended over sides of pan.
- Melt butter in a large microwaveable bowl on high for 45 seconds, or until melted. Add sugar, graham cracker crumbs, and peanut butter; mix well. Spread into prepared pan.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or a glass bowl tightly set over barely simmering water, stirring until thoroughly melted. Cool slightly, and pour over peanut butter mixture in pan.
- Cut partially through dessert to mark 48 squares. Refrigerate 1 hour or until set.
- Lift from pan, using foil handles. Run a knife under warm water, dry, and then cut all the way through dessert into squares. Store in airtight container for up to 1 week – but I bet they won’t last that long!